Schoharie County Jury Information
All Trial jurors are on 'standby' and should report to court ONLY when instructed. Please review the reporting instructions below, or to hear a recorded message, please call 518.453.8681.
These instructions are updated daily at 5:00 PM.
Please check part C of your summons to find your Juror Sequence number.
All persons summoned for jury duty for the period commencing January 21, 2021 are summoned for standby service only. Please do not report to the courthouse on that date.
Please check this site or call 518.453.8681 on Thursday, January 21 after 6:00 p.m. and weekly thereafter for further instructions about reporting.
The NYS Unified Court System would like to assure you that your health and safety remain a top priority for us as we resume essential court operations, including jury service.
What to Expect When You Appear:
· Regular deep cleaning of court facilities with enhanced cleaning of commonly used areas
· Limited people in courthouse
· Mandatory use of face masks by court personnel and court visitors
Please bring your own mask/face covering
· Plexiglass barriers may be present at various locations (i.e. magnetometers, x-ray machines, assembly room desks)
· Indicators, like blue tape, may be present in public areas to ensure physical distance of at least 6 feet (to meet social distancing standards)
· Hand sanitizer for all court visitors
Please note the following:
· Commissioner of Jurors will continue to provide jurors with public wi-fi.
· Bring your own pen/pencil and take it with you when you leave.
· Bring your own books/magazines/electronic devices and charges.
· Jurors may bring their own resealable beverage and snack or food that does not require refrigeration.
Telephone reporting: local # 518.453.8681
The Commissioner of Jurors thank all jurors for their time, cooperation and contribution to our system of justice.
We never call and ask you for personal information. NEVER give out personal information over the telephone.
Absence of Emergency: If illness or emergency prevents you from reporting, please call at 518-453-8681 after 9:00 am on the day you are to report.
Accessibility: If you have a disability and need accommodation, call 518-453-8681 or 1-800-662-1220 for relay call.
Court Hours: Court normally operates from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm., with a lunch hour and breaks throughout the day. Court sessions rarely continue beyond 5:00 pm.
Electronics: Cell phones and other electronic devices may be used in the jury assembly rooms and other waiting areas. They must be turned off during jury selection and trial. There is public access WIFI in the County courthouse. There is a public access computer work station in the assembly room.
Meals: There is a mid-day lunch break everyday.
Parking/Transportation: The court does not pay for transportation fares, parking fees or parking violations. Reporting jurors are discouraged from parking at parking meters as court schedules may not permit you to replenish the meter.
Security: Court Officers are stationed throughout the court. Members of the public must pass through a magnetometer to enter. Please arrive early and allow extra time for this process.
There are no current emergency messages.
Schoharie County Courthouse
290 Main Street
Trial Jurors report to third floor courtroom
Grand Jurors report to third floor courtroom
Town/Village Jurors check your summons for instructions and reporting address
Commissioner of Jurors
F. Christian Spies
Schoharie County Commissioner of Juror
Email the Commissioner: